Working out, eating healthy, working, having a social life, trying to date….who has time for it all?! I barely do and burn out often, so when it comes to staying healthy and not gaining 5 million pounds when I’m stress eating Chipotle and Ben & Jerry’s (come on, we all do it) I have to make a very conscious effort to stay on track.
Over the years I’ve found a few key things that may seem ridiculous but truly help me with my fitness and health routine. I’m no expert, but eat these hacks up like an order of animal fries.
- Sleep in your workout clothes — if you are a morning workoutter like me, this is KEY and takes the fumbling around looking for clothes out of the picture.
- Make your food taste like it’s bad for you — cauliflower crust pizza, zucchini noodles, baked chicken tenders, it may seem bad but it isn’t! Recipes coming SOON!
- Drink hella water when you’re hungry — this sounds silly but it does help…and you stay hydrated so that’s a double whammy
- Be single — it really helps with the waistline, lol but really, you don’t have someone to go out to eat with constantly. HA
- Workout in the morning so you know it is done with (hence the first line item)
- If you want something bad, eat it – there is no reason to deprive yourself because you’ll just binge later
- Stock up on cute fitness gear — if you love your workout clothes it will make you love working out just a little bit more
- Go on a hike before brunch…because BALANCE
- Dry shampoo. Enough said
- Leave everything you need out on your counter the night before — I always leave out my Magic Bullet, Pre-Workout, and Protein Powder because it reminds me about them and makes using them that much easier
- Take time on Sunday to look at your calendar and plan your meals…or at least a few of them! I typically plan 2 meals a week which allows me wiggle room to go out and have leftovers and ultimately not waste!
- Only drink alcohol that is clear — vodka, white wine or tequila…because you better believe I’m not NOT drinking.
Cheers to that…with my favorite healthy meal, a dirty martini!