When it comes to online dating, a photo speaks volumes and is honestly how most people make up their mind if they even want to spend time reading through the rest of your profile. Over the -ahem- years I’ve been on and off dating sites, I continue to see the same horrible photos that men use for their profiles. Don’t get me wrong, women are not perfect (hello, mirror selfies, #guilty!) but men, you really need to step it up. It’s called a smartphone, we all have them and it’s really not that hard.
Here are the top offenders that drive me INSANE.
- Shirtless, yes that’s number one.
- Shirtless at the gym….I mean….
- Group photos- How the hell are we supposed to know WHO YOU ARE?
- Baby photos – No baby, no baby photos.
- Surrounded by girls. Nothing says “date me” like showing what a douchebag wannabe player you probably aren’t. It’s not cool.
- Posing with a tiger in Thailand. Yes, I have this photo too, but it’s not on my dating profile. AKA YOU BASIC BROOOOOOOOO
- A photo so close up it shows your pores
- Modeling or any headshots — like let’s not be so formal, aye? Save it for LinkedIn
- Filtered on filtered. Where did your face go?
- A photo from 10 years ago….and no – you don’t still look like that.
- One photo only…like WHAT THE FUCK there has to be something wrong with this person. It’s called a cell phone, you know those things you can take a billion photos on? Run. This person is hiding something.
- Lastly, some guys don’t put a photo. AT ALL. You are not that special or that cool. If you are you should only be using Raya or The League or something else elitist to protect your top secret identity.