Here comes the
wine bride…here comes the wine bride….
Ahh, the time when one of your BFFs is in love, getting married and asks YOU to stand up by her side on the biggest day of her life. So sweet, right?! Well, YES…and don’t get me wrong I am honored but let’s be real, it’s not just standing up next to them but soo much more and we all know this. To anyone who has been a bridesmaid or — even better — a maid of honor — knows that while it’s an exciting time, it is also a stressful, money sucking, drama filled time for the lucky group of ladies. FUNNNNNN
No matter what though, there are things that arise when you are prepping for one of your closest friends or family members big day and not all of them make you cry tears of joy, but tears of stress (is that a thing?). Not having your dress fit? AWESOME. Spending a month’s worth of rent money on new clothes, hotel stays and gifts? SUPER GREAT. Getting bitched at because you recommended something to the
head bitch in charge Maid of Honor. THE BEST.
Here are other things I’ve personally experienced or heard about directly from friends who have been a bridesmaid. If you have any other ridiculous stories PLEASE share in the comments. I’d love to hear!
- Not all bridemaids are created equal, like you’re totally her best friend but she haddddd to make Sally the maid of honor because she was Sallys. #uhhuh
- Your bride has turned into a bonafide bridezilla…and wants to go on a week long cruise for her bachelorette party. It’s only $1500, bargain right?! #hellno
- Bridesmaid dresses are never really that cute…and will never fit perfectly or be completely your style.
- You will have to spend more money than you want…read on.
- You will need a spray tan. $
- You will need a mani pedi $$
- You will need a dress $$$$…and have it altered $$$$
- You will need to attend or even better yet plan a bachelorette party $$$$$
- You will need a wedding gift $$$$$$
- You will have to deal with a lot of emotions- tears, yelling, laughter…it comes with the territory
- You get thrown into being into a ‘bride tribe’ of ladies who you probably aren’t already that close with or don’t even know at all…you can imagine the gossip and drama that arises.
- No matter what, the bride will be emotional. Get your shoulder ready to cry on and all the tissues
- While things may be going to SHIT in your own life, that doesn’t matter. The wedding is the most important thing ever and you need to suck it up.
- Group chat messages will not stop until wedding day. I hope you have unlimited texts.
- If you’re single, going wedding dress shopping gives you hives. ::chugs champagne::